30 years dedicated to progress in technology
Rohde & Schwarz Singapore was incorporated in 1997 as the first system house and technical competence centre outside Germany, focusing mainly on test and measurement technology. It has since then expanded its operation progressively and in 2004 as part of its effort to enhance its regional presence, the regional headquarter Singapore (RSRHQS) was established primarily carried out management and co-ordinations functions for its subsidiaries in the region. About a third of the company’s turnover is generated in Asia.
- From 1945: contact with university professors from India and China.
- 1981: Rohde & Schwarz Australia is the first subsidiary founded in the Asia-Pacific region.
- From 1982/83: Rohde & Schwarz is represented at shows and congresses in Asia.
- 1985: Rohde & Schwarz sends its first personnel to India and China and opens representative offices.
- 1995: Rohde & Schwarz establishes its second company in India.
- 1997: Systems and Communications Asia (SCA) is the first systems house of Rohde & Schwarz established in Singapore and thus in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Other milestones are the installation of offices in Korea (2000), China (2001) and Japan (2004).
- 2006: Rohde & Schwarz is located in 15 countries with own subsidiaries at almost 50 locations in Asia, the last one being opened in Hong Kong (2005).
- 2008: Launch of Rohde & Schwarz Asia and opening of Asian headquarters in Singapore.